Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh my!


I've been busy! I should be sleeping but thought I'd say hi.
Well, where to begin...
I opened up a new Etsy shop! jenuinejewels is now open! I know, clever name, right? LOL! I figure, this is where all of my jewelry will live now. I think my jenuinejems shop may have been a bit confusing for some. I'm still getting them both sorted out and organized but at least I've started! Check it out - jenuinejewels
I'm still filling up shop slowly and steadily so check in often for more jewels! I actually just hit my local bead shops again for the first time, in a long time. I love a bead shop. They are my Mecca! LOL! I hit the jackpot too! Tons of fabulous jems...can't wait to get busy with them. I think my new dream is to own a bead shop! I did learn I tend towards BLUES. I would look down into my box (they give you a little box and a piece of paper with a little chart on it to keep tally/prices of your jems at most bead shops, fyi) and it was full of blues! I didn't even realize I was doing it. I had to consciously look for other colors! LOL! I found some great glass beads this time. Lampwork too. Gemstones also, of course. Beautiful jades, agate, quartz and chalcedony. Some beautiful smokey quartz - they sparkle like mad! I hope I can bring myself to actually sell whatever I make out of them! LOL! I'm also waiting on an ebay haul I just recently ordered. I had no idea what great treasures in beads are offered there! I also finally ordered a good ring mandrel, so I can start making the ring designs that have been living in my head. Next will be a jewelry tumbler. I've been doing all of my research and after the holidays - I hope to order one. It should really, really take my jewelry to the next level I hope.
Do you ever feel like there just aren't enough hours??? LOL!

I have also been sewing! I know, crazy! I have a dear friend who is a serious artist - she quilts. Her creations are DIVINE and the time and heart she puts into each quilt, well, it's amazing. In any case, she has been teaching me a bit about sewing in between laughs and smiles. It just so happens that my late MIL gave me her sewing machine and all of her sewing goodies. At the time, I don't think I appreciated them as I do now. I have enjoyed getting them out and knowing that as I work, she once sat as I am, concentrating, careful, (ok, sometimes cursing...LOL) and anxious to present her end result to someone she cared about. More on that and what in the world I'm sewing later. They will be on jenuinejems asap! BUT, thank you sweet Jean. I know now, what went into all of your beautiful things...

I can't wrap up without saying I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, if you celebrate. Mine was really just perfect. Family and fun with a ton of love - that sums up my Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for so many people in my life! Up there is a little fam pic from the weekend. This was downtown on Black Friday.
Talk to you soon!
Hope you are smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment